QUOTES FROM THE SALAF AND THE SCHOLARS: 'PATIENCE OF THE SCHOLARS IN REFUTING'

                                      PATIENCE OF THE SCHOLARS IN REFUTING

A brother by the name of Ashraf al-Bayuumi said:
...my shaykh and father the 'Allaamah and pious ascetic Dr. Muhammad ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee حفظه اللهinformed me while on our way to the Islamic University in Al-Madinah An Nabawiyyah:


"By Allaah my son, I do not speak about a man until I gather with me the evidences with his voice(speech or recordings) or with his writing, then I by Allaah ask Allaah time and time again and he kept repeating that much. Then he said: "Then I speak about  him." (1)          
 Source:
                                       Translator: Abu 'Abdil-Haadee Khaleel Davis
__________________
(1) It was said that shaykh Rabi حفظه الله ورعاه use to be patient with those who became misguided, sometimes even for years before he speaks about them. He would advise them, and use terms of endearment in order to correct their mistakes, etc. Then after a period of time, if they persisted upon falsehood he would come out with a strong and undeniable refutation of them.