Perform The Ruqyah Upon Yourself

Question Posed To Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allah preserve him):

May Allah treat you with good, Noble Shaykh. This questioner asks: “If there is someone who is stronger than me in faith, piety and knowledge, and I know that I am upon acts of disobedience to Allah and my faith is weak, can I request from this person to perform the ruqyah upon me, or is it better that I perform it upon myself?”

The Noble Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allah preserve him) responded:

Perform the ruqyah upon yourself. Don’t seek the ruqyah (from someone else). Be independent from the people even if you are one who is disobedient (to Allah). Is it mandatory that you have to be a complete (believer), not having committed any acts of disobedience?! None of us – and there is no might of power except with Allah – are free from acts of disobedience.

Source: As-ilah fee ar-Ruqyah war-Ruqaah Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan

Translated by: Abu Yusuf Khaleefah
20th of Dhul Qa’dah, 1435 (15th of September, 2014)
Masjid Nur Allah, LeFrak City, Corona, NYC

http://masjidnurallah.com/2014/09/20/perform-the-ruqyah-upon-yourself/#more-885