The Lifespan of (the People from) My Ummah is Between Sixty to Seventy Years and Few Will Go Beyond That



In Saheeh Mawaarid al-Dhamaan (2087) – The hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said, “The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahualaihi wasallam) said,“The lifespan of (the people from) my ummah is between sixty to seventy years and few will go beyond that.”  Ibn ‘Arafah said, “And I am from those few.”

So Shaykh Al Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) commented by saying:

“I say: I am also from amongst those few, since I have passed eighty four. I ask the Lord, the One free from all imperfections and the Most High, to make me amongst those whose life span is prolonged and their actions are beautified.

But even then, sometimes I nearly wish for death due to what has afflicted the Muslims from deviations in their deen, and the humiliation that has befallen them from the lowest of mankind. But Allaah forbid, and the hadeeth of Anas is before me. So it is not suitable for me to say anything except that which my Prophet (sallallaahualaihi wasallam) has ordered me with, “O Allaah keep me alive as long as life is good for me and take my life if that is good for me.”

And I supplicate with that which my Prophet (sallallaahualaihi wasallam) has taught me, “O Allaah provide us with the provision of our hearing, and our sight, and our strength as long as we are alive and make it a legacy from us.”

And indeed the One free from all imperfections has favoured me and responded by providing me with all of that. So I am able to research, authenticate, and write with the strength that very few have, and I pray the involuntary prayers standing, and I drive my car by myself covering vast distances, and at high speeds about which some of those who are close to me have advised me to reduce, but I have an explanation for that which is known to some of them!

I say this from the point, “And proclaim the bounty of your Lord.” (ad-Duhaa:11)

Hoping from my Lord, the One free from all imperfections and the Most High, that He increases His favours upon me, and makes all of that a legacy from me, and that He takes my life away while I am a Muslim, upon the Sunnah, for which I have dedicated my life in calling to and writing for. And that He unites me with the martyrs and the righteous, and they are the best companions, indeed He is the All-Hearing, the One who responds.

May Allaah have mercy on the Shaykh and grant him Firdaws.

Popular Posts