Allaah's Promise of Khilaafah - and Authority in the land, Establishment of Religion, Safe Security - And Its Legislated Conditions
Author: The Eminent Scholar: Imaam 'Abdur-Rahman As-Sa'dee (rahimahuAllaah)
Sources: Tayseer al-Kareem al-Rahmaan (p. 521) via The Salafi Methodology
Translated by: Hassan as-Somali
Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta'aala, said:
Allaah has promised those among you who believe, and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession to (the present rulers) in the earth, as He granted it to those before them, and that He will grant them the authority to practise their religion, that which He has chosen for them (i.e. Islam). And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear (provided) they (believers) worship Me and do not associate anything (in worship) with Me. But whoever disbelieved after this, they are the Fasiqun (rebellious, disobedient to Allaah). (An-Nur: 55)
Imam as-Sa'dee (rahimahullaah) said:
"This is one of His true promises whose meaning and accomplishment has been witnessed. He promised those who came with Eeman and righteous and correct actions from this Ummah that He would cause them to be successors upon the earth, so that they are the ones in authority and in charge of the affairs. Further that He would establish their religion, that which He was pleased for them, which is the religion of Islaam which gained ascendancy over all of the religions. He was pleased with it for this Ummah, due to its excellency, nobility and His favours upon it, and He enabled them to establish it and to establish its laws and prescriptions, relating both to manifest and non-manifest matters, upon themselves and others, due to the people of the other religions and the rest of the disbelievers being conquered and humbled.
He would change their condition of fear to one of security, since it was previously the case that one of them would not be able to manifest his Religion, and they suffered harm and injury from the disbelievers. The united body of the Muslims was very small in number in comparison to the rest, and the people of the earth combined to attack them and to hope for their downfall.
So Allaah promised them these things when the verse was sent down at a time when they did not witness ascendancy and establishment upon the earth, nor the ability to fully establish the Religion of Islaam and full security such as would enable them to worship Allaah - not associating anything with Him - in a state of not having fear of anyone except Allaah.
The first and foremost part of this Ummah combined Eeman and righteous action to a degree surpassing everyone else, so He established them in the land and gave them authority over the people, and granted them the conquest of the East and the West. They attained full security and complete authority and establishment, so this is one of the astounding signs of Allaah.
This applies until the Hour is established. Whenever, this nation combines Eeman and righteous action, then that which Allaah promised will certainly occur."
The following - from Manhaj.com - is the list of conditions that are upon us Muslims to obtain these blessings from Allaah.
The above verse establishes that on the condition that the Muslims:
· Have correct, sound eemaan - which is not the eemaan of the various deviant sects, but the eemaan of the Companions, their aqidah, and that of whoever followed them in goodness, Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah, the Righteous Salaf. However, the Mu'tazili, Ash'ari, Murji', Qadariyy Innovators such as an-Nabahani are the very people responsible for promoting the splits and deviations amongst the Muslims. Their books are filled with the very heresies that misguided, divided, split and weakened the Muslims in the first place!
· Perform correct, valid, sincere, righteous deeds in obedience to Allaah. This excludes the innovations and newly-invented matters with which the Ummah has been put to trial. The call of this party is purely political and they explicitly state that their call is not one that focuses on cultivation upon knowledge and the purification and cultivation of the soul upon righteous deeds. And an-Nabahani states that morals (khuluq, akhlaaq) do not play any primary role in the formation of a society, and that rectification and cultivation in terms of morals and characters do little to change the situation.
· Worship Allaah alone upon Tawhid. When Tawhid to an-Nabahani [founder of deviant sect Hizb-ut-Tahreer] does not extend beyond affirming a Creator with some Attributes (as per the Ash'ari and Maturidi creeds), and this is what is apparent in all his books, then the call to that Tawhid which the Messengers called to is non-existent with these people, and wherever they go and in whichever land they operate, they are not interested in the beliefs and practices (i.e. as it relates to Tawhid and the Sunnah) of the people as much as they are interested in operating their party upon its ideological principles, and indoctrinating the people upon this to swell their party numbers.
· Abandon shirk in all its forms and manifestations. Unfortunately, we see that the Ummah is plagued with major shirk in that they have resorted to worshipping saints, graves, tombs and the likes, and there is hardly a Muslim country, with just a couple of exceptions, where this shirk is found amongst the people, and accepted, without rejection. And likewise there is gross ignorance regarding minor shirk, about which the Prophet feared the most for his Ummah and about which he said is more hidden than an ant on a black rock on a moonless night.
So when the Muslims are characterized by these four qualities, it is Allaah Himself Who will:
· Grant them rulership (authority) upon the land
· Establish their religion for them, the one that He is pleased with for them
· Change their situation from one of fear to security