A Letter of Advice: Shedding Light upon the Correct Aqeedah From Shaikh Abdul-Azeez Ibn Abdullah Ibn Baaz

The correct aqeedah is comprised of Allah's noble book (the Quran) and the Sunnah or practice of His trustworthy messenger. So I advise you to increase in reading and memorizing what is easy for you of the Quran along with what you are able to memorize from the authentic ahadeeth (prophetic sayings) like the 40 hadeeth of Imam An-Nawawi and Ibn Rajb's completion of them, Umdah Al-Hadeeth by Al-Hafith Abdul-Ghani ibn Abdul-Wahid Al-Maqdasi, and reading Sahih Al- Bukhari and Muslim as much as possible with good brothers.  I also advise you with the books if Shaikhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyah's works such as Aqeedah Al-Wasitiyah, Al-Hamawiyah, and At-Tadmuriyah as he has clarified the aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah and refuted their enemies within them.  Likewise I advise you to memorize Kitab At-Tawheed and Kashf As- Shubuhat by Shaikhul-Islam Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhab as these two books contain great benefit.  I also advise you to supplicate to Allah and ask Him to guide you to His straight path, grant you understanding in the religion, and protect you from the temptations of the Devil and the callers to falsehood.  This is just as I advise you to ask Allah the Mighty and Majestic to open your heart to good and aid you in reading and memorizing the Quran and Sunnah as He said,

"Invoke me and I will answer you" 

And to be upright in obedience to Allah while refraining from sin.  I remind you with what Imam Shafie said, 

"I complained to Wakee` about bad memory and He guided me to leave off sin. 
 He told me that knowledge was light and that Allah's light does not come to the sinner."

I ask Allah to rectify your and my intention and action for He is the best to ask.  I also recommend that you enroll in the Islamic University of Madinah for it is a salafi University teaching its students the aqeedah of Ahuls-Sunnah.  May Allah make your affair easy and grant us all beneficial knowledge and action based upon it for He is the All-Hearer, Answerer of prayers.  As-salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.

Translated by Abu Yahyaa Eesa